|These photos were taken as the historic log house at #103, on the north side of Peter Street, was being dismantled, and eventually moved to be rebuilt on a new location on Rideau Lake. The property on which the house sat, and all of Peter Street, were part of an early area of Perth that dates to the Town's very beginning - "Carolina Village" - bounded by North Street, Wilson Street and the Tay River. The property has enjoyed many owners over the years, beginning with its transfer from the Crown to Alexander Thom, on April 12, 1820 - when Mr. Thom named it for his daughter, Caroline. Its detailed history, and that of the 19th century log house, will be provided shortly on this website.
Copyright Notice: These photos are the property of David Taylor. Please contact us for permission to use them.